Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Workin' out

I'd like to give an honest update on the "healthier Tim" bargain: Jill and I caved. I can hear you guys in the audience cheering; however, it doesn't mean I have given up on my target weight. And if nothing else, it has remotivated me to work harder because I now have a more recent idea of what my reward will be. And I'll be darned if that isn't some serious motivation!

So much motivation, that I decided to get up early today and ride my new bike around the nature preserve just down the street from our apartment. That's right folks, and early for me means early 5:45 in the AM. I saw the sun rise and everything. It was quite a nice ride actually there are a bunch of different types of scenery and it is a fairly long trail. I'd guess somewhere around two miles (Jill correct me if I'm wrong).

So, I'm still working at it, the scale has stopped laughing at me everytime I enter the bathroom, and I already feel a little bit better. If only these damned work functions with free food would stop getting in the way. Thanks for the support folks, I'll keep you updated.

No comments: