Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Elevators and drivers tests

Ok, first things first. Why do people insist on charging into the elevator before the people inside have a chance to get out? I'll admit that I'm one of the first people to make a move into the elevator, but I always leave ample space for people exiting the elevator to get by first.

This morning on my ride up to the sixth floor of the B building of Best Buy's corporate campus I was in a fairly good state of mind. I've got a big project to work on, Jill and I had a good night last night (though I DID wake her up this morning while getting ready for work), and I had a piping hot cup of coffee to start me on my way. The door opens and I'm geting ready to step out and someone decides that they can't wait to get into the elevator and pushes past me as I'm trying to exit. I spill some coffee on my hand while attempting to avoid him (did I mention that it was piping hot?!?!?) and choke back an explitive that may have ended my career at Best Buy a little pre-maturely. Seriously people, its called common curteousy!

On a brighter note, I finally passed my Minnesota state drivers knowledge test yesterday afternoon. I say finally because as some of you know, it took two tries. On the first attempt, I ignored Jill's suggestions to quick check out the manual for some last minute updates. Good advice considering it's been ten years since I looked at this stuff, and believe it or not, some things have changed. So after ignoring her good advice, I got 28 out of 40 correct. For those of you keeping score that's 76% correct, which is not good enough to pass the test. However, upon my second attempt I passed with flying colors gaining 100% on my second attempt. So hooray, I have a new license coming so I can no longer be confused for a Michigan resident. Let the good times roll.

No comments: