Monday, July 7, 2008

the bargain

Perhaps it was the nice weather, or the terrifying tightening of my pants that made me do it. But I've done it, and now I don't know what the hell I was thinking. For those of you who have not seen me for a while, I'm not the paltry 190 lbs I used to be when I spent most of my days running around a park chasing a frisbee. Unfortunately, I'm now creeping back up to a weight that will challenge my father for heaviest male member of the family. A title I'm not eager to take back on. So my solution: a pack with the devil. Well, not the devil per se, but definitely a temptress: my wife. The pact is that we will not have sex again until I'm back to 185 lbs. I know, what in the hell was I thinking! I know what Jill was thinking, what better motivation? But what the hell was I thinking?

So today I start my tortuous drive to fitness with two salads and a somewhat dry granola bar. And on the menu for tonight? A brief run through the local park, with a side of weight lifting. Delicious! I'll be sure to keep you all informed on the progress. I'm sure it will be staggering. Seriously though, who makes that kind of deal? 35 lbs? Is lipo-suction cheating?

1 comment:

Bugaboo said...

That's so good that you want to lose weight, simply because being more healthy might make you last a lil' bit longer in the grand scheme of things. I think you have picked the ultimate prize to win for completing your goal, I'll definitely say that! Good luck and keep us updated on your progress. Jill has been eating better and working out, as have I, so it's time for you to jump on the bandwagon. You can do it!
-Hanni