Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Traveling Timmy

Well my two weeks of home life are at an end and I am once again traveling about this great country of ours. Where am I this time? Chicago. It is interesting to be traveling here for work and not just traveling through it on my way to and from Michigan and Milwaukee. The one thing I've noticed about every city that I go to is that it seems like the people that live there don't know how to get around their own city. Seriously, New York, Boston, Chicago, they're all easier to drive around when you don't get stuck into routines and patterns of everyday life. Think about it; how many times do you take the same way to work just because it is the way you always go. Sure it may have been the best way to get there the first few times, or even years that you went that way. But things change people. And if you don't have your eyes open to that change, you'll soon find yourself stuck in a 45 minute drive that used to take 15 minutes. OK, so that's not the only thing that traveling so much has taught me, but it is kind of a big one for me. Besides if I told you everything I've learned about travel here, what would I have to write in my future bestselling book?

So if you all are wondering about my bargain with the dev...I mean Jill, it's going alright so far. I went for a run yesterday for the first time in a while. It was hard to run for an extended period of time, so I ran for a while and then walked to catch my breath, then ran again. It's a little pathetic, but hey at least I'm trying. I'm still not anywhere close to the promised land, but I have started. And if I stay the course I'll be at the target weight in no time. Thanks for all the support out there. It really does help. OK, well, it's a bit late in the evening for this road warrior. Until next time.

1 comment:

Bugaboo said...

I wish I got to travel more. I sit at a desk all day and stare at birds sitting on the wire outside. Guess I should be thankful I not only have a job that pays the bills, but one that allows me such ample time to peruse the internet and do things like read your blog and leave you comments!
Glad to hear the pact is going well so far! Running sucks, I don't care who you are. I'm willing to lift weights, bike, walk--you name it, but I hate running. Kudos to you for gettin' your butt in gear!
You have to let us all know how Jill's new dessert a la crockpot turns out, too; we'll need a 2nd opinion!
Take care, safe travels and keep bloggin'!