Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Run away if you can....

It's that time again. The workouts are getting serious. I have worked out everyday save two since last Monday. I can hear some of you cheering in the background. Don't cheer just yet. I've made these kinds of efforts before. This one feels like the one where I lost 85 lbs in 6 months, but the wagon is easy to fall off of. This time around I'm using music to pump me up and take the focus off of actually running. For the most part this works great, as long as I'm a little sleepy. A little tip for all of you who are like me and hate to run because you feel like you don't like it: run VERY early in the morning. If you are still half awake, you can't think about how much you hate running. It's brilliant, your body just takes over and does the work without feeling like you are torturing yourself. Late at night also works, but there are a few drawbacks. First, it can make it difficult to sleep. If you work out hard enough it will sap your energy and put you right to sleep, but if you don't, you'll just be awake for hours. Next, your brain isn't quite as tired and it is more difficult to keep the thoughts of rage from piercing your tranquility.

Anyway, running is the key to my health situation. Eating better can only do so much, so physical activity is my new remedy. Let's see how it goes.

2 comments:

kborn said...

What a concept...exercise and diet. :)

Keep up the work...I have yet to make it a whole week even walking every day!! :)

Jill said...

You both beat me. I feel that the Think Method is the best. Eventually, I will be a marathon runner in my head.