Thursday, March 19, 2009

Crickets...

I went to a Buck's game last night because I was offered free tickets by a friend. I don't really care for NBA basketball, but I thought what the hell, I don't really do much, plus it's free! And for those of you who know me well, that is all I need to hear: FREE!

So I get to the Bradley Center a little after the game has started. My initial thought is "great, now I'm not going to find any parking, and if I do it will cost $20!" Well to my surprise, after just one lap around the arena, I found a legal street spot. That's right people FREE PARKING!!! So, now I'm ecstatic because I have a free parking spot and a free ticket to the game! I met up with my friends at a restaurant before heading to the game. They were just finishing their meal so I decided to just wait it out and eat later. Not that I had much choice. Twice the waitress came to the table while I was sitting there to ask if Casey or Kayla needed anything, and both times I didn't even have a chance to say I'd like a diet coke. It was like I wasn't there. Even when I said excuse me as she was walking away I got no response. The third time she came around, Casey stopped her and asked if I wanted anything, but by this point I didn't want anything just on principle!

So after this we headed to the game and were very surprised to find that our tickets had cost $111! That's right $111 for a NON-PLAYOFF BUCKS game! Once we were inside we quickly found our seats, very nice seats about 15 rows up center court. But you couldn't tell that you were at a professional sporting event. The game was going on, but there was no excitement, no cheering, not even any booing. It was like the crowd at your 8 year olds piano recital! The loudest and most raucous cheering heard all night, was for the Portessi Pizza give away sometime in the third quarter. It was a bit pathetic. Now, I know this is not indicative of all Milwaukee sports having been to many a Brewer game, but seriously, why do we even have a NBA team? No one can afford to go, no one really wants to be there, and the players play like it is scrimmage game not really worth anything...

It's just sad.

No comments: