Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Last minute details

Good morning everyone,

I'm into my third to last day of work at Best Buy. Leaving a job is always a bit stressful, but this one is rougher than most for me. I'm so into everything that's going on with the Best Buy Mobile group. I want to know what's going on with every little part of it, and I want to help with everything I can. It's so tough to let go of some of the things I have been doing. I'm excited for the new opportunity, but it's just hard to let go of something you've put so much work into. Especially when everyone is telling you that they will probably call you for help in about 6 months time when they foresee things taking off. I guess we'll see what happens, but I wouldn't mind doing a little consulting work for them.

On the other side of things, the apartment is mostly packed up. there are still a few essentials to gather up, but mostly it's all done and waiting to be loaded onto a truck. The one thing that's been more of a pain in the butt than anything else though...moving the Direct TV. They say it's easy (and free), but it's only easy if you have a house and are not encumbered by an apartment complex that has it's own dedicated service provider. I could tell you the whole long story, but really it's annoying and stupid, all you need to know is that Direct TV can stick it where the Sun doesn't shine.

Some days I feel like we should just walk away from everything and live "off the grid" somewhere in Montana. And then I remember that I like things like heat, running water, and people. So I carry on. Seriously though, if your entire industry is built on customer service, shouldn't you care? Just a little?

1 comment:

kborn said...

Best Buy makes me laugh. Did Jill tell you I'm hoping to never shop there ever again ever? I'm hoping I can pull it off. With Circuit City going down...it shall prove difficult...but I think I can make it. Sucks that you put so much work into a project and just walk away. I still miss Trinity and it's been almost 2 years! I put a lot of work in there and it sucks to see it turn down and really not go the way it could be going.

All TV service providers can suck it, too. Yet to find one that seems like they care. Not their job, maybe? :)

Good luck with the move! You're an hour closer to NYC by plane now.... :) HINT HINT.