Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Breakfast Blues

Last night on my way home from work, I stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few items to carry me through my remaining two weeks of work. However, when I woke up this morning and went to the kitchen for breakfast I realized, to my horror, that I had forgotten some key items. Like anything for breakfast! I had focused so clearly on lunch and dinner options that there was literally nothing I could have for breakfast. Now, I know what you are all thinking, well just eat regular food for breakfast. For me, that's not a great option. I LOVE breakfast food: eggs, cereal, pancakes, hell even toast!

So, what's a breakfast lover to do? Obviously I had to go to the 24-hour Cub Foods and get some breakfast items. Once those eggs were scrambling on the stove, all was right with my world. But it does leave me to wonder...what the hell was I thinking?

3 comments:

kborn said...

Ha ha.
I eat breakfast twice a couple days a week!
And really, no eggs? Otherwise an egg, a little flour, and some baking soda make for some good pancakes.....

Jill said...

I don't know what you were thinking, but we're all laughing at you.

Bugaboo said...

It happens to the best of us. And you always end up wanting what you don't have in the house anyway.