Thursday, October 30, 2008

Election Day Blues

Yes I am aware that it is not actually election day. I am not so completely lost that I think it's 5 days from now...what day is it by the way. Hmmm, the Office is on tonight, so it must be Thursday. Isn't it strange how many people will actually know the day of the week by the TV show that's on. Anyway, that's not what I came here to blog about. As this years election season draws to a close I have started to feel the excitement I always get at being a minuscule piece of the power that is this country. I was getting all ready to dress up in my finest and head out to the polls next Tuesday. And suddenly I had a realization that shook me: I'm going to be in Houston on election day. Not only will I be in the heart of Republican territory, but I'll be there on the day that I'm supposed to be voting!!!! So, this year I'm attempting to vote via absentee ballot. I don't know if I'll make it in time, but I certainly hope so.

In any case, for those of you smart enough not to leave your state on election day, don't forget to vote. No matter how small you think your part is, the important thing is that you have a part. the fact that every one of us in this country has a say in what happens is pretty sweet.

Oh, totally unconnected occurrence. Kwame Killpatrick, the former mayor of Detroit, is heading to Jail for lying under oath in court about his elicit sex text message scandal with his former staff members. First of all TEXT MESSAGES?!?!?! Ok, so he was probably being naughty on the side, but why not just say, you know what yeah I did it, but she's hot and I'm important. Why would you need to lie about that and then try to keep it quiet by paying off three cops to the tune of $9 Million and STILL have it break. How ridiculous. Your city is not-so-slowly dying and your messing around with the staff and spending valuable city resources to cover it up. Good job A-hole, I hope you make some new friends in prison.

1 comment:

Bugaboo said...

Ah yes, the good ol' absentee ballot. I requested mine from Shawano and voted long before everyone else. Yay Obama!!! I hope you were in time dear Tim! It was the first year I actually got to vote due to strange circumstances (me moving so much) and I refused to miss the opportunity!