Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Night in Austin

So it is 2:00 am on the morning following the general election of 2008. I find myself hopeful about the future of the country. While I know that the election of a new President, even one with a majorities in both houses of congress, can not completely change the course of a nation on a dime. I think, or rather hope, that what we as of a country have done tonight is a sign of a new stage of maturity for the country. What I mean by this is that I hope, finally, that our country has learned to see beyond the color of our skin. It is my greatest hope that we as a nation are finally willing to look for the best person for the job, for the times. Ultimately, history will decide the correctness of our decision, but at a minimum history will see that in these difficult times we chose a leader with a steady, calm demeanor. A leader who would choose to help where he can and to calm peoples fear without pretending things are not as they are. At least that is my hope.

I may be a bit of a dreamer, but I believe that this is a great country with a lot of potential to help each other and the rest of the world. If only we could get out of our own way. I guess we'll see what happens, but I hope for all our sakes that we made the right decision tonight.

3 comments:

Bugaboo said...

Did I mention --- YAY OBAMA!! I hope we made the right decision as well, but with our alternative as McCain, I'm confident the nation chose wisely. And really, having Palin a heart attack away from the presidency? Scary thought!!

kborn said...

Good words, Tim. You are a wise fella. :-)
Coming to the west side anytime soon??

kborn said...

Good words, Tim. You are a wise fella. :-)
Coming to the west side anytime soon??