Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Time to catch up

Well ladies and gents, as Jill informs me it has been almost a month since my last blog! Yikes, that is a terribly long time of nothingness for someone who had promised to keep things up to date. Well, I have all kinds of excuses, but I'll save you all the time and trouble of hearing them and just say my bad. So now we need to catch up. Jill and I went to the doctor's office last week for a physical. They took us in, we talked a little, weighed ourselves and measured our heights. Two major disappointments for TK that day: one, apparently I'm only 5'8", and two, apparently I'm also technically obese. That's right folks, just like the fabled teapot I am short and stout, only there is definitely no delicious hot beverage boiling inside me. Instead there is rage. Rage mostly at myself for letting myself get back to a point where I'm at an unhealthy weight to height ratio, and partially at a system of health care that tells me I have a strong regular heartbeat perfectly normal blood pressure and a normal cholesterol count, but because I'm 5'8 and 220lbs I'm obese.

OK, so enough whining about that, I've been trying to lose some weight recently anyway, now I just have a label to overcome as well. Jill and I had a pretty good weekend. We went to a very fun Oktoberfest (see Jill's blog for details) on Friday. Good time, but man was I tired. I think I'm finally getting over some kind of cold thing that I had going on. Then Saturday we did a bit of shopping. Jill got a new mandolin (basically a vegetable guillotine) and she made some delicious refrigerator pickles. I know gasp, Tim is eating pickles, well, they're not real pickles, they're delicious! We also got some new sheets for the bed, and a quilt coverlet(?) for the bed. I gave Jill some guff for a long time for wanting something that wasn't as obviously awesome as a comforter, but was twice as expensive. I, as usual, was wrong to give her crap. It makes the bed look hotel nice, AND we got it on crazy clearance from bed bath and beyond. The funny part of that is that we bought it without the help of the 20% coupons that everyone gets in the mail. Two days later however, we received such coupon in the mail, and you better believe I'm going back to get the 20% off!

Other than that, things are going pretty well. Jill and I are still a bit stressed out from all of our activities in the last few weeks. Hopefully though once this months festivities are completed, we'll have some time to relax heading into the holiday season. I guess we'll see. Till next time...

1 comment:

Bugaboo said...

Good luck with the weight loss. I seem to be gaining again and have slacked off of my gym routine. That's a major no-no for a girl who sits at a desk, stagnant for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Have to get back to that. I'm sure that with the help of your lovely wifey (who seems to be an amazing AND healthy cook), you'll be sheddin' the pounds in no time.
So you like the coverlet, eh? Funny how nice they can make a room look (provided a person actually makes their bed on a daily basis, right?)
As for the restaurant.com code, I went there today to try and get a certificate that is almost always sold out (since it's the 1st of the month, I figured they'd be in stock) and it seems to have expired. Poo. I wasn't sure if anyone used the service or not, but now that I know you do (how can you not, it's such a GREAT deal?!?!), I'll be sure to send any new codes I get your way, ok? Take care and keep on postin'! :o)