Friday, May 22, 2009

The last glass

My body hates me....

It's true! But the torment is finally over, really! Over the last week, my body has had to endure more Burger King than it should rightly have expected to. Mostly because it has been a long time since I even stepped foot into Burger King, let along four times in one three days! Why have I spent so much time in the home of the king? It all has to do with Star Trek. For those of you who aren't among the geekier portion of the population, there is a new Star Trek movie out. And for those of you who don't really know my wife, she's a huge "Trekie." Not, "Oh my god. I have to dress up in my Lt. Uhura uniform and go to the convention" Trekie, but definitely "Oh my god, I HAVE to have those collectible Star Trek glasses from Burger King!"

And now you see the reason for the torment of my body. I was tasked by my wife to obtain these spectacular glasses from Burger King. And you would think you could waltz in to their restaurant and simply purchase these magnificent glasses. And you would be wrong. The King didn't become the King because he was stupid. No, quite the contrary, the King knows how to wriggle every last penny from the purse of his subjects. You cannot buy a glass UNLESS you buy a value meal. Then, and only then, may you purchase a glass for a small fee of $1.99!

That was a revelation found only after visiting my third Burger King on the way into the office this Wednesday morning. Oh, I forgot to mention that did I? Well the first one didn't have the glasses, the second one had the glasses, but their credit card machine was out of order (and who really carries cash anymore), but the third, oh yes the third house of the King had the treasure I was seeking. So, every morning since Wednesday I have been sampling the delights of the BK Breakfast menu, and last night I had a mayo-less Whopper (40% less fat!) in order to satisfy my wife's inner-most Trekie.

All of that may seem like a bit much for some silly glasses, but you really can't appreciate how really cool these glasses are in person. Of course, I could be feeling that way because of the mass quantities of fat and other BK related materials coursing through my veins. But, alas, my wife is happy, and we now have a few more really enjoyable glasses in which we can enjoy our beverages!

Oh, and also, I highly recommend seeing the movie. It was most enjoyable.

2 comments:

Jill said...

ENJOY OUR BEVERAGES??!!??!

These are collectors items TIM!

kborn said...

LOL.

You are hilarious.

LOL.