Thursday, August 28, 2008

Not enough Bloggin'

well it has been brought to my attention (on several occasions, and by several people), that I do not blog enough. Fair enough. You know what's strange? When I get to work it just leaves my head. I think about blogging when I'm in my car on the way to work, or when Jill is blogging. But as soon as I have unobstructed access to the internet, my blogging brain fails me. I make no promises, but I'll try to keep things up to date a little bit better.

Sooooooo, where to begin? Ah, yes, the bargain. For those of you who don't remember, Jill and I made a bargain not to have sex anymore until I was 185 lbs. Well, THAT didn't last long, BUT I have been working out a lot lately. In fact, I have been running every morning this week. Even yesterday when it was pouring out (I ran inside in our fitness center). I must also say that I'm proud of Jill for wanting to try running. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hopes high that she can reach her goals.

In other news, our trip to Las Vegas is coming up and I am REALLY excited. I want to just relax the whole time we're there. I know there are some plans to do all kinds of crazy fun things, such as getting a table at Tao and going dune buggying. But really I don't know if I want to do all of that stuff. Partly because I'm kind of over drinking a lot, but also because the cheapest of those activities would cost $140 a person. Ouch! And while I'm on that subject, those clubs are SUCH a rip off! For 8 people it would be around $140/person. That's almost $1,000 for 8 people and TWO bottles of liquor. Granted that includes mixers and the entry fee and the table, but seriously what the hell? I could literally go to Home Depot, Menards, and best buy, create a similar (although admittedly less hopping) atmosphere for about $100 TOTAL. Anyway, we'll see I want to have fun and not be all penny-pincherey, but that just seems a bit crazy to me. Though Jill did say it was close to what she was expecting.

Ok, well this is getting a bit wordy now (I know if I blogged more often...) so I'd like to finish off with one more thought. I have been working out really hard lately and I've actually gained weight. Thinking about that and the fact that I feel like I look thinner, I've decided that weight is really a stupid number that I shouldn't pay attention to. If I look sexy, I look sexy and the scale be damned.

1 comment:

Bugaboo said...

Yes, a scale can be such a misleading thing to judge by. I mean, muscle weighs more than fat so if you're gaining muscle, which I'm guessing you are, of course you are going to gain weight. How you feel is the best judge, and how your clothes fit also can tell you if you're making progress. I wish you the best of luck. It sounds like you're making great progress and are really motivated. The kicker will be to see if you can get back into the routine after you return from Vegas. So hard after a few days pass! I still haven't made it back into the swing of going to the gym yet. :o(
I hope your group has an amazing time in Vegas. I hate how pricey everything is too, but hey, it's vacay. Relaxing (by the pool, whatever) can be great though and can be a lot cheaper. That's pretty expensive for bottle service, but then again---it's Tao. Hope you have a great time, whatever you decide to do!
Yay for you perhaps blogging more. Make a mental note about things you think of during your time in the car or when Jill is blogging and then write about them when you can. Easier said than done, I know! lol
Happy Labor Day Weekend Tim!