Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Winter Woes

OK, this is going to be a really short one. What is wrong with people?!?!?! For those of you that don't know, I live in Michigan. And what do we get in the winter months here in Michigan? Snow. that's right people, it has been happening for your entire life in the Midwest. Or at the very least before you moved here from some sunny, cloudless haven, you heard that it snows here. So why is it such a surprise when a "snowstorm" hits? And I use the term snowstorm loosely. anyone who has lived in northern Wisconsin, or anywhere near lake Michigan can tell you what real snow storm is. But, I digress. My real complaint is that people are surprised when a snowstorm, one which meteorologists have been predicting for a few days mind you, comes in and "dumps" five to ten inches of snow down over the course of two days. Now I'll admit at first the storm was really intense, almost white-out conditions, but that stopped being the case at around 11:00 am, and the roads were in pretty good condition by 5:00 Sunday evening. So why, I ask, are they announcing school closings Sunday evening when most of the snow has stopped and the roads are in good condition? But even this isn't my biggest complaint. No, my biggest gripe with people here in the wonderful land of Michigan is the use of snow as an excuse. Let me set something straight people. Just because there is snow on the ground, doesn't mean you can park like an A-hole. Especially, when you can clearly see the parking lines. I don't care if you get a little bit of snowbank on your car, park in the damn lines people! Also, for those of you with valid drivers license, if you have lived most of your adult life in the Midwest, how is it possible that you have not only passed your drivers test, but DON'T know how to drive in the snow?!?!?! I think there should be a mandatory duel licensing
one for summer and one for winter driving. Well that's my gripe for today. Thanks for listening.

1 comment:

kborn said...

And I love the drumset baby. :) We need to get musical instruments so we can take cute photos of Quinn. :)

katie